What Essential Oil Is Good For Eczema
What is Eczema?
Eczema is a very common and uncomfortable skin condition which will cause dry, itchy and inflamed skin. It can affect your quality of life. At its worst, it can keep you from sleeping, distract you and make you feel self-conscious in public.
People with eczema often have very dry skin because their skin is unable to retain much moisture. This dryness may make the skin more likely to react to certain triggers, causing it to become itchy and sore.
How to get rid of Eczema?
There are certain ways we could take to help reduce the symptoms of Eczema:
- Always bring your moisturiser with you! Moisturise your skin regularly and good skincare habits could help to relieve itching and prevent new outbreaks (flares). Ideally, opt for natural body oils that can effectively help to hydrate the skin and lock the skin moisture in compared to lotions.
- Apply an anti-itch cream to the affected area. You may refer to your doctor or health consultant for the correct doses & frequency.
- Don't scratch. Rather than scratching when you itch, try pressing on or patting the skin. Cover the itchy area if you can't keep from scratching it. Keep your nails trimmed. For children, it might help to trim their nails and have them wear socks or gloves at night.
- Avoid taking hot bath or shower. Use a rather lukewarm water. If you're taking a bath, try sprinkle the water with colloidal oatmeal or essential mugwort oil, that can help to soothe and reduce skin inflammation.
- Use a gentle, non-soap cleanser. Choose one without dyes, alcohols or fragrances. Harsh soaps can wash away your skin's natural oils. Be sure to rinse off the cleanser completely and always follow up with body oils such as mugwort treatment oil to lock the skin moisture.
Remember, you are strongly advised to consult your doctor or health care provider immediately if your skin condition is getting worse.
What essential oil is good for Eczema?
The first symptom of an eczema outbreak may be a dry flaky and itchy skin. Sometimes it will appear as patches and inflamed skin. When people scratch, it stimulates nerve endings in the skin and causes inflammation in the area, which turns into a visible rash and triggers further itching. Controlling the itch is key to controlling eczema outbreaks.
People with Eczema have sensitive skin and understand how easily their skin may be irritated, and products containing chemicals and other toxic components can leave the skin feeling dry, red, and irritable. As such, they tend to gravitate toward natural alternatives that tend to be gentler to the skin, whether it is to target spots, wrinkles, pigmentations or simply cleansing.
Anjoe strives to provide the best quality product to our customers. We have the best Essential Oil that is Good for Eczema. Our mugwort plant treatment oil is 100% pure essential oil which can help to reduce acne inflammation and are specifically formulated to finer particles capable of penetrating deeper skin. Our mugwort treatment oil is using 100% plant-based ingredients and specifically formulated to enhance absorption without leaving greasiness. The mugwort essence can help to increase blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. With added grapeseed oil and Vitamin E, it helps to moisturise your skin and even out skin tone while having an antioxidant effect.
Mugwort contains anti-inflammatory properties as well, this helps soothe dry and irritated skin effectively. These agents help reduce the redness and itch in skin, which is why mugwort is also good for people with problematic skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. Our mugwort treatment oil is enriched with vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant component that can help to retain moisture, keeping the skin supple and healthy.
Our clinically proven formulation works best in repairing & strengthening skin barriers. On top of that, mugwort essence can help to promote blood circulation and increase oxygen flow to the skin cells, which in turn help to effectively reduce the appearances of wrinkles or fine lines on our skin. This leaves the skin feeling smoother and more radiant.
Other than our mugwort treatment plant oil, we could find that other essential oils such as tea tree, chamomile, clove, and geranium may have anti-inflammatory or antimicrobial effects. These properties may help ease some eczema symptoms. To find out what essential oils is good for Eczema, you are advised to study the ingredients of these essential oils or consult your doctor before applying. Never try to use your skin as a tester.